By Exec Edge Editorial Staff
Over the past seven years, Activist Insight has credited Vinson & Elkins’ Shareholder Activism practice with defending 252 campaigns waged by activists against boards and management teams of public companies – 85 more campaigns than the law firm with the second highest total of campaigns defended during this timeframe.
In addition to the Activist Insight Awards for 2022, Vinson & Elkins is the only firm to secure a #1 ranking in both The Legal 500 U.S. and Chambers USA for our Shareholder Activism practice in 2022. Individual recognitions for the co-heads of Vinson & Elkins’ Shareholder Activism practice include Lawrence Elbaum and Patrick Gadson. The practice has recently received several honors for 2022, including:
- “Tier 1” by Legal 500 U.S., M&A/Corporate and Commercial – Shareholder Activism: Advice to Boards, 2019-2022
- “Band 1” for Chambers USA’s inaugural year for the practice category: Corporate/M&A: Takeover Defense (New York), 2022
- #1 Ranked by FactSet and Refinitiv for number of campaigns defended for five years in a row, 2016 – 2021
- #1 Ranked by Bloomberg for their inaugural league table in 2019 and in 2021 for campaigns defended
- Nominated for “Activism Defense Law Firm of the Year” by The Deal in 2020 and 2022